Friday, May 27, 2011

Recipe Swap #6 -- DESSERT!

I'm not a huge fan of dessert.....and as my oldest says, "You don't have a sweet tooth, you have a salty tooth" and she's right.  I really don't like chocolate and there are only a few ways I'll eat it...with peanut butter, with anything where chocolate isn't the main flavor, or in cookies.....oh and I LOVE Ghirardelli brownies.    And I don't like anything with fruit in it.....like apple pie, lemon desserts, etc.   AND I don't really like cooked nuts of any kind.   I am weird....and I can admit that! 

Sooooooo I was so excited when I got my recipe swap recipe......S'Mores Bars!  THIS was a perfect recipe for me, AND it fitts all of my (crazy) dessert rules.    I decided to make them during Olivia's birthday week for her dance class party (yes, when you have children you have to have "birthday parties" with everyone).   It was a win-win-win for everyone......my recipe would be made on time, I could taste it and love it, and then I could give them all away so they don't sit in my house for me to taste s'more, s'more, s'more!  I kept the recipe exactly the same!

















The S'mores Bars recipe is from Lishie over at DeLish!.    And that's exactly what these bad boys were....DELISH!!!!   So easy to make too...one of those recipes that my kids could help out with, without getting in the way (which is always an added bonus) and one that everyone could enjoy!   Everyone in Olivia's dance class loved them, I loved them and my family loved them!  I plan on making it again soon for a BBQ I am having in a few weeks. This recipe will be kept around for a long time since finding one that meets my criteria is hard to find!  Plus it puts a little spin on an old, oooey, goooey, chocolatey, marshmallowy classic......perfect for a BBQ, a picnic, a beach trip or just a dinner party dessert!

Thanks Lishie!!!!!!

Lishie's S’Mores Bars


1 & 1/2 sticks butter, room temp.
2/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups crushed (food processor) graham crackers
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups chocolate chips
3 1/2 cups mini marshmallows

Pre-heat oven to 350°, grease or spray 13x9x2-inch baking pan (or two, 8x8 brownie pans).


Beat butter and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. In a separate bowl, mix together crushed graham crackers, flour, and salt. Stir the graham cracker mixture into the butter/sugar/egg/vanilla mixture. Should become one, big crumbly clump.

Press about 1/2 cup or more, if needed, of the graham cracker mix over the bottom of the greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Sprinkle half (1 cup) of the chocolate chips on top. Sprinkle 3 cups of the mini marshmallows on top. Crumble, by hand, the rest of the graham cracker mix on top. Sprinkle last 1/2 cup of the mini marshmallows on top and finally, sprinkle the rest (1 cup) of the chocolate chips on top.


Bake for 25-30 minutes or until brown.

ENJOY!

  
~Gianna~

1 comment:

  1. Oh goodness, what a WONDERFUL post, Gianna! Thank you so much & I am so glad you all liked them!!! They are a hit in our home too. Perfect for sleepovers & BBQs!

    (PS- head over to my blog's home page, I have a Melissa & Doug giveaway going on!)

    ReplyDelete